Saturday, April 3, 2010

Tomorrow on Masterpiece Classic - Sharpe's Peril


Tomorrow on Masterpiece Classic will see the premiere of another Sharpe adventure - Sharpe's Peril. Here's a bit about the story:
Colonel Richard Sharpe (Sean Bean) must safely transport the headstrong Marie-Angelique across India, but the journey will be riddled with surprises and rebellion. With 600 miles of hostile territory ahead, Sharpe and his ragtag troops are drawn into a dark conspiracy, and a climactic battle against impossible odds. Sharpe's Peril is based on the characters created by novelist Bernard Cornwell.

4 comments:

Kaye Dacus said...

Dang! I missed it! Guess I'll just have to get the DVD from Netflix. (Of course, the other one is still sitting, unwatched, on my DVR.)

Unknown said...

@Kaye - Both Sharpe films are still sitting on my DVR as well...I've been unable to get really excited about them...

Kaye Dacus said...

I've actually seen the one that I remembered to record---a few years ago, I got the DVD from Netflix. As I recall, it wasn't nearly as good as the earlier films in the series. It's like these films are on autopilot now.

Unknown said...

@Kaye - I saw the first Sharpe film PBS aired when it originally aired on BBC America a couple of years ago. I was housesitting at the time. :) I really sort of wish they'd go ahead and retire this show...in a way it makes me glad the Hornblower series didn't go on and on and on, and risk becoming mediocre or flying on autopilot.