Thursday, September 23, 2010

The King's Speech trailer

The film The King's Speech has been on my radar for a while now thanks to the periodic updates on Enchanted Serenity of Period Films. Charleybrown just posted the new, full trailer for this picture, which according to the IMDB is due to release over Thanksgiving weekend. (That's probably a limited release date, but I'm hopeful that it will go into wide release in the US no later than Christmas, especially since this movie is getting so much Oscar buzz thanks to Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush's performances.)

5 comments:

Deborah said...

i am DYING to see this. although after watching the trailer, the first thing that jumped out at me was Wormtail as Winston Churchill???

Deborah said...

and oohhhh! just saw on wikipedia that Jennifer Ehle is in it too!!!!

Unknown said...

@Deborah - HA! I'm not gonna be able to get the Wormtail thing out of my head now. And thanks for reminding me about Jennifer Ehle being in this movie...a mini Pride & Prejudice reunion. Love it!

Michelle said...

Wormail as Churchill, not to mention Bellatrix as Queen Elizabeth. That said the trailer looks amazing!

Unknown said...

@Michelle - Now that I think about it, Bellatrix as Queen may be the more disturbing of the two, LOL! It's hard to escape a Harry Potter connection any more when you're talking about British film, isn't it?