Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sherlock videos

I can always depend on my friend Ruth at Bookish Ruth to provide me with links to fantastic videos that cater to our mutual Doctor Who obsession. Now that we're both obsessed with Sherlock as well (no surprise, haha!), she shared a few video links with me over the last few days that I just have to pass on to you. I'm saving the best for last, so be sure to check out the entire post. :)

Sherlock: Bad Influence



Generally I'm not a fan of Pink but this song is pretty perfect for Sherlock and Watson, and the creator did a fantastic job making this video fun & visually appealing. I loved the "pop up" messages that sort of mimicked the use of texts in the show. Nicely done. :)

Read My Mind (Holmes & Watson)



You all know I'm a HUGE fan of Jeremy Brett as Holmes. I've never seen a fan-made video for Brett's Holmes - and this one is so good it brought a tear to my eye. I agree with Ruth 100% - "Read My Mind" is pretty much the perfect song to describe the Holmes & Watson friendship.

read my mind; john & sherlock



"Read My Mind" fits Cumberbatch & Freeman's take on Homes & Watson perfectly as well. LOVE it!

Now, I promised to save the best for last. This, my friends, is one of the best mash-up videos I've ever seen. Sherlock, meet the Doctor...

A Study in Time (Sherlock/Doctor Who)



Please, please, please - Stephen and Mark, BBC, anyone out there who might be listening - MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! Whether it's an actual crossover episode, or Sherlock meets Doctor Who to support Children in Need...please, I'm BEGGING you, make this dream come true!!!! I practically hyperventilated with joy when I watched this video...trying to imagine an actual crossover...heaven help me. Off to go daydream...

5 comments:

Ruth King said...

I watched the first three on my iPod this morning, when I had to be up at 6 AM to babysit. (The only reason I didn't watch all four? I forgot to load the DW/Sherlock vid to my iPod before I left last night!)

Another favorite Jeremy Brett video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq8g95jfXIA

Ruth King said...

I should stress that I'm so not a morning person so anything that can get me up and moving before 7 AM is a minor miracle.

Unknown said...

@Ruth - You had to be up at 6AM to babysit?! Yikes! I don't know if I could deal with kids that early in the day. *wink* Well I hope you correct that DW/Sherlock video upload situation asap!!! Can't live without that one.

I'm afraid I am a morning person out of necessity to avoid commuting traffic...it's a challenge, that's for sure!

Unknown said...

Hello! Yes, that "read my mind" vid to Granada is quite good, isn't it? :)

And since you mention having enjoyed Jeremy Brett's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes, I thought you might find this website interesting (if you haven't seen it already): http://www.bafta4jb.com

Unknown said...

@Izabella - Thanks for stopping by! And thank you for the link, I was not aware of that petition!