Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Boy Jack Encore


Tomorrow Masterpiece Classic kicks off its new season with an encore presentation of the stellar drama My Boy Jack. If you've never seen this production, it is not to be missed. Here's a brief story summary:
See an encore presentation of My Boy Jack, Sunday, January 2, 2011, on MASTERPIECE CLASSIC. Patriotism is high in the early days of WWI, and British writer Rudyard Kipling (David Haig) is one of its most passionate voices. John "Jack," (Daniel Radcliffe) Kipling's only son, is eager to see war up close despite his poor eyesight and the concerns of his mother Carrie (Kim Cattrall). My Boy Jack offers an intimate portrait of a nation at war and one divided family.

4 comments:

Amber Holcomb said...

I'm hoping to maybe catch this one tomorrow night. We'll see! ;) It looks pretty powerful!

Either way, I'm so excited that the Masterpiece Classic season is beginning! Can't wait for Downton Abbey!!!

~Amber

Kristin said...

Thanks for posting this! None of my favorite TV shows are airing right now, so I don't even turn on my TV except to watch DVDs. So I have no idea what's playing on PBS! :) This looks interesting, and I'll probably try to watch it. I've never seen Daniel Radcliffe as anyone but Harry Potter. :)

By the way, no, I've never seen the SyFy "Tin Man" series, but I've heard a lot about it! I almost rented it once, but never go around to it. Is it good?

~Kristin

Heidenkind said...

Daniel Radcliffe reeeeally does not look good with a moustache.

Unknown said...

@Amber S. - Oh, I do hope you are watching My Boy Jack - would love to hear your thoughts! And I'm so excited for Downton next week!

@Kristin - I really hope you get a chance to watch MBJ, it is such a powerful drama and Radcliffe is so good in it!

I ADORE the SyFy Tin Man miniseries! I think it's a very fun "twist" on the traditional story - how do you feel about science fiction? What I love about Tin Man is that it is a fresh twist on a very familiar story. SyFy also produced a fantastic Alice miniseries which I love even more than Tin Man...definitely recommend that one as well.

@heidenkind - Yes, the WWI era facial hair is a challenge. :P