Friday, March 25, 2011

The 39 Steps returns!


So, who besides yours truly is ridiculously excited that Masterpiece is returning this weekend with something worth watching?! Masterpiece Classic returns this Sunday with an encore presentation of last year's The 39 Steps. Wildly entertaining and sheer fun from start to finish, this version of The 39 Steps is definitely worth checking out if you've never seen it - I know I'm looking forward to the excuse for a re-watch. Here's a bit about the story:
Watch an encore presentation of The 39 Steps on Sunday, March 27, 2011 on MASTERPIECE CLASSIC. Richard Hannay's listless life in London is spiraling out of control. Armed with a secret notebook, Hannay and feisty suffragist Victoria Sinclair are on the run to save themselves and their country. The 39 Steps stars Rupert Penry-Jones and Lydia Leonard, and is based on the novel by John Buchan. (One episode; 90 minutes)
And here's a link to my original review of this film. If anyone watches The 39 Steps for the first time this weekend, or revisits the delish Rupert Penry-Jones, feel free to come back and share your thoughts in the comments!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't wait! I missed it last time, so I'm going to be sure to watch it Sunday. :)

~Kristin

Amber Holcomb said...

I love this movie! A few of my college friends and I first started watching PBS Masterpiece shows last spring with the debut of Emma. :) I ended up loving Northanger Abbey so much that I bought it, and my now-current roomie loved The 39 Steps so much that she bought it. ;)

Maybe I'll have to ask if she wants to watch it again soon... ;)

~Amber

Renee said...

I'm so glad to know it's worth watching! I wasn't sure if I'd have to wait even longer before tuning back in to PBS on Sunday nights . . .

Unknown said...

@Kristin - Yay! :) Be sure to come back and let me know what you think of it!

@Amber S. - So glad to know you enjoy this movie too. I think a re-watch is a grand idea... :)

@Renee Ann - Hope you enjoy this one! If you decide to watch it please come back and share your thoughts!

Sabbio said...

I can't wait to discover it! Is it a remake of Hitch's film?

Unknown said...

@Sabbio - It's a new adaptation of the novel that Hitch's film was based on - there are some differences between the two, but the basic plot is the same. Hope you enjoy it! :)