Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Georgette!


It is no secret that I adore the works of Georgette Heyer, in particular her regency novels (though she also wrote mysteries and historicals!). She is without a doubt in my mind the next best thing to Jane Austen -- and that, as all Austen aficianadoes know is no small thing. :) Her sparkling prose, attention to detail, and deft plotting are a sheer joy to read. In perusing my book review archives I've been shockingly remiss in extolling Heyer's virtues here on the blog -- that is something I must remedy at the earliest opportunity.

If you've never read Heyer, or have been waiting for the perfect excuse to expand your Heyer collection, this is your week! Thursday, August 16th would have been Heyer's 110th birthday -- and to celebrate the authoress, Sourcebooks -- home of the gorgeous Heyer reissues currently available in bookstores and online -- is celebrating by holding a special sale on ALL of Heyer's e-books.

From August 14-20, 2012, every single Heyer e-book Sourcebooks publishes will be on sale for $2.99!!

THREE DOLLARS A BOOK?! Can you believe it?! People do not miss this sale! You can peruse the full list of available titles here. At last check I have collected mass market or trade paperback copies of Heyer's regencies, so I plan on purchasing mystery and historical titles (I have some vintage copies of her mysteries that I've found in secondhand shops, but no where near a full collection).

The e-book sale will be available through Sourcebooks and online retailers such as Amazon -- remember to verify the sale price before you click download! And enjoy! Because seriously this woman's writing is priceless, and holds a special place in my heart -- her books are treasures!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday, Ms. Heyer! I think you are so right....she is the next best thing to Jane Austen. Do you have a favorite Heyer novel, Ruth? I believe Arabella (sweet Regency) holds a special place in my heart as my favorite, but Beauvallet was a thrilling pirate adventure!

Tales of Whimsy said...

I didn't know we shared a birthday :) Very cool. Thanks for the heads up. I've been meaning to read her mysteries for ages.

Unknown said...

@Joanne - That's a tough question. :) Sylvester immediately comes to mind, though I really love Frederica (my first Heyer read) and These Old Shades. Some of these need re-reads! :)

@Juju - That's awesome! Happy Birthday in advance. :) Maybe treat yourself to a Heyer? :)

Kristin said...

I have actually never read a Heyer novel yet! And if she's the next best thing to Austen, then I must really be missing out. :) I need to get my hands on one of her Regency novels as soon as possible!

~Kristin

Unknown said...

@Kristin - Girl, you are in for a treat! :)