Thursday, July 4, 2013

personal update

Hello everyone, and to my fellow Americans Happy Independence Day!

I just wanted to take a brief moment to give a short personal update, as posting may come in fits and starts in the weeks to come. This summer has been challenging, to say the least. Last month I said goodbye to my last remaining grandparent, Granny Martha -- she was a pistol :) and lived to be 97!

Around the time we learned that Granny didn't have much longer, we also learned that my dad is facing some health challenges. I really don't want to get into specifics as we learned this week that he'll be facing some tests over the next two weeks in order to determine a course of treatment. No specifics because, well, I don't want to speculate "in print" as it were before all the facts are known -- it's too easy for me to do that inside my head if you know what I mean. =P

I'm asking for your prayers for my family, specifically health and healing for my dad, and wisdom for his doctors. Thank you all so much! I'm not planning to abandon the blog by any stretch of the imagination -- this thing helps keep me sane, lol! -- but I did want to let all of you readers know, whom I value as dear friends, what's going on if posts seem a bit more irregular than usual. :) Thank you!!

21 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh yes, you will be in my prayers, dear friend.

Unknown said...

@Liv - I miss you so much, dear friend! Thank you for the prayers.

Ruth @ Bookish Ruth said...

Praying, as always, Ruth! (((HUGS)))

Unknown said...

@Ruth - Thank you so much, my friend! I am so, so thankful for your support and friendship!!! *hugs*

Net - "It's a Wonderful Movie" said...

Ruth, I will certainly pray for your father and family - wisdom, comfort, and strength. God bless you.

Renee (BlacknGoldGirlsBookSpot) said...

Prayers for Papa, his doctors, and you too! Please keep us updated on how you ALL are doing! *hugs*

Renee C

Unknown said...

@Net - Thank you so much!!

@Renee - Thank you, my friend!! Will do. So thankful for your friendship! *hugs*

Kristin said...

I'll be praying for you and your family, Ruth!

~Kristin

Unknown said...

@Kristin - Thank you Kristin!!

Patti said...

My condolences on the loss of your grandma. I lost my final grandparent back in 2000 (he was 85), thus I understand the strange and sorrowful feeling of having no more grandparents. Thank God for the promise of Heaven and eternal life with our loved ones!

I'll be in prayer for your dad. May he be restored to radiant good health!

Love,
Patti

Carissa said...

Condolences and prayers coming your way Ruth. For you and your family.

Ella said...

I will be praying for you and your family.....good for you not speculating. That never leads to anything good...this hypochondriac should know.

and I am sorry about the loss of your grandparent. That is hard....but so glad that you will see her again someday!

Unknown said...

@Patti - You are so right, it is a very strange feeling! And thank you so much for the prayers!! :)

@Carissa - Thank you so very much!

@Ella - Thank you! It is hard not to speculate...easier said than done, isn't it? Ugh. I wish it was easier to turn one's brain OFF. ;) And me too...I know Granny was thrilled to be reunited with my grandfather and her oldest son and alllll her many brothers and sisters. :)

Heidenkind said...

((hugs)) I'll be thinking of you, Ruth! Message me on FB if you need to talk.

Anne Mateer said...

I'll be praying for you and your family, dear Ruth!

Rissi said...

Ruth, my sincere condolences on the loss of your grandmother. That is never easy. Selfishly, it's hard for those of us still on earth because we are human, and no matter if we are sure that we'll see them again someday, it's still hard to say "good-bye."

Sorry to hear about your father. Will certainly be thinking about you and your family - please, do let me know how you are all doing through this process.

*hugs*

Gandergelf said...

It's never easy to lose a loved one. My deepest sympathy on the passing of a woman you obviously cared for deeply.

Best wishes and prayers for you father and his doctors.

And a special little prayer for you. May you have joy, peace and hope.

Unknown said...

@Tasha - Thank you, friend! *hugs* And you had better believe I'll be taking you up on that. :)

@Anne - Thank you so much!

@Rissi - Thank you! I appreciate the prayers.

@Shaz - I know I'm biased but she was pretty incredible. :) And thank you for the well wishes and prayers for me & my family!

Everyone, seriously, THANK YOU. Just in the last day since I posted this the prayers have been felt!!! *hugs*

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oh sweetie. *hugs*
Prayer on it's way.
Stay strong.
God bless.
Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

@Juju - Thank you SOOOO much, friend!

Charity said...

I'm really sorry about your grandma. I'm going to be losing my last remaining grandparent soon, so I know how hard this time can be. I'll be praying for you, and for your dad. ((hugs))